Strive to Balance Your Personal Growth: Outside and Inside
The Intentional Gap Year Workshop promotes self-discovery. You are everything someone outside of you says you are until you discover who you are inside and build a relationship with yourself. We created this program to help you contemplate who you are as your more authentic self.
You do the work, and we offer you reflection and guidance about what you discover and share. During your workshop, you will meet with your own Intentional Gap Year (“IGY”) Guide®, a certified life coach. Your life coach is only a part of your journey, but an important one. Below we give you more information about the partnership you will share and the relationship you can expect from your guide.
Use your gap year to gain new skills, have new experiences that might lead to ideas and possibilities, try out new ways to express yourself, and rest a little before you tackle the challenges of higher education or your own life. The ultimate gap year will help you get to know you.
You have an inner guidance system that will empower you when you learn how to work with it
While You Are Developing It, We Can Help
Intentional Gap Year™ provides a system of transparency between you and your Intentional Gap Year Guide®. What makes our program unique is that your work is submitted directly to your IGY Guide and it steers your sessions. Your guide will effectively help motivate you and cut through any clutter that might keep you from succeeding in getting the most from the time you have given yourself by reflecting back to you what you have shared.
This is a very radical approach for online gap year programs. When you submit your work:
- Your guide will be better prepared to have discussions that are customized for you by evaluating your work.
- Your guide can better highlight your progress through feedback for discoveries you have made about yourself.
- Your guide will be better prepared to offer motivation based on the criteria that is lead through your work.
- Together you can both remain objective while reviewing work from a hindsight perspective that journal led sessions offer.
- You will be able to take away a deeper understanding of what you have learned in your workshop and have an action plan.
If you have plans to take a travel, internship, or another experiential program, the Intentional Gap Year Workshop will offer you the most well-rounded approach for the ultimate gap year. We have added an optional layer for working with gap year organizations and education consultants.
Information for Professional Organizations